- a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.
- a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement: the court fool.
- a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid: to make a fool of someone.
- an ardent enthusiast who cannot resist an opportunity to indulge an enthusiasm : He’s just a dancing fool.
- a weak-minded or idiotic person.
While I’ve never been the trickster, I’ve often been made the fool.
Michael once convinced my mother her house was being broken into. She left work and drove all the way home before he called her to say “April Fool’s!” He can be brutal and she waits every year, reminds herself what day it is so she can be ready when he strikes.
I love it when people get into things. Everyone has their “thing”. For some people it’s Christmas decorations, for others it’s a big Fourth of July barbecue, many believe St. Patrick’s Day is the day of all days, and for a crazy few it’s April Fool’s Day.
For all the practical jokers and the fools that will fall victim, Happy April Fool’s Day!
That’s all from the laundry room. Snore!