I found one of my old journals last night. Below was my entry on January 6, 2005.
I am thankful and more aware of just how blessed I am. I am thankful for:
- The early morning through my half open eyes when I get to sleep in
- A foot rub right in the arch of my foot
- My warm Uggs and the comfort of coming home
- Taking my bra off
- Taking a walk in my neighborhood
- Sleep (the ability to rest and regroup. Everything is better after some sleep.)
- Hard work
- My son’s soft cheek
- My daughters big brown eyes
- My youngest’s hand
- The curve of my husband’s back when he’s sleeping
- My Mom’s smell
- Peanut butter
- The warmth of the sun
- A warm face cloth
- A dark theatre and the smell of a production
- Discovering each day a little more about myself (The mystery of me.)
- My daughters incessant chatter
- The idea of America and the people that live the idea, rather than profit from it.
- My camera and the photographs I will leave behind
- Really good ice cream
That was all I wrote and it all still applies. That should do it from the laundry room tonight.